You can now see the panel discussion in which I participated at the IMTM 2015 FuTurism.com conference in Tel Aviv on Feburary 11th.
The moderator of the session was Jonathan Mieri who is a digital entrepreneur who started the app Superfly on the panel with me were:
- Amir Halevi, director general for the Israel Ministry of Tourism,
- Li Baochun, deputy secretary general for the World Tourism Cities Federation,
- Gideon Shmerling, spokesman for the Tel Aviv Yafo Municipality
- Jenn Sander, head of global initiatives for the Burning Man Project.
- Ido Ahoroni, the consul general of Israel in New York was slated to be on the panel as well but unfortunately was not able to attend.
The topic was broad “Mass tourism and Viral tourism” and other than some preliminary discussion with the moderator as panellists we did not get much more direction than that on the focus of the discussion. I tried to think of my fellow panellists and the audience in my contribution to the discussion by focusing my answers less on the what I do at Tourism Vancouver as an energy specialist and more on the why am there doing the work that I do.
Here is a direct link to the Youtube post for the panel discussion on mass tourism in which I participated:
Have a look through the program of all the posted videos on the conference site: