Today with the help of my children we tackled building a couple shelves to make more room for tools. We also started working on the assembly of the retractable rudder. The plans show a little guide or sheave for the line that rudder pulls the rudder blade down. Figuring what to use for this rather unique spot took a little creative thinking.
In the end I found a bronze plumbing fitting. That I will fill with epoxy and then drill through to make a nice little rolling sheave.
My next step is to use the router to add a small channel for the control line that will be seated at the head of the rudder.