I managed to add the Uni-directional carbon fibre to the port side of the centreboard.
I also laminated another knee.
And also covered the port side of the rudder with epoxy mixed with graphite powder (west system 423) and a little colloidal silica (west system 406). This was a big step because now I can’t see the wood grain or the Kevlar weave pattern. All that remains is the shape of the blade, which is looking good.
Today I helped my friend get a new fridge in a house where the widest door was 28″ wide. We had to take apart the sliding door.
This evening I managed to get a couple hours and I put the unidirectional carbon fibre on one side of the centreboard. I wet the surface with epoxy and the layed it down and squeegeed more epoxy onto the surface.
It’s not perfectly smooth, but I’m happy with the result. I’ll be covering it with graphite epoxy soon and that will be sanded smooth.
I also started laminating the knees that will connect the thwart to the gunnels.
Projects, images, and ideas for my little piece of the internet