Yesterday I snuck back to the boat shed with my little apprentice.
We found that the epoxy had set nicely. So far I’ve yet to have had a problem with the West system epoxy even when skirting the edges on the temperature limits of the 205 fast hardener. But it is always a nice relief to find the laminated Wood solidly bonded.
So we started the process of removing the multitude of clamps holding the laminated frame for 24 hours. I then put it in the hull at the appropriate location.
The epoxy squeeze out still needs to be cleaned up and the whole frame will be planed down to 1″ thick. The outer frame will be bevelled to match the angle of the hull and the ends will be cut down to mate with the completed inwhales.
I also flipped the frame upside down and found that it looked like a great shape to mimic for an eventual canvas cover for camping… But that is a project for much later. First I need to finish the inwhale laminations and continue to fit out the interior of the boat.
Onwards, regaining momentum feels good.