Caledonia yawl project: ripping strips for the chainplates frame

20180210_172142

Today I was able to share the project with a couple friends who had not been down to see it.  It was interesting to hear that based on the photos they did not have a good sense of scale and found it to be much bigger than expected.

I also borrowed a table saw to rip the necessary strips to create the 1″ by 2″ frame that will be bolted to the chainplates and but into the gunnels (inwhales).

20180210_170408

My little roller feeder guide still works great and I’m quite happy with my strips. All from a 10′ 2×4 of clear Douglas fir that cost me $50.

I now have 2.25″ of 1″ wide strips. It is 0 degrees today so I’ll wait for a warmer spell to glue  it all on the mould.

20180210_163224

I also started sanding all the fillets I put in at each lap landing on the inside of the hull.

20180210_172942_001

And at the end of the day I got some help vacuuming.

20180210_173144

And they helped with getting a good scale aide for the photos.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.