Caledonia Yawl project: Station molds

Today I cleaned up all the space around the strongback and removed the plywood that made it into a working table. 

  
And then started to check the level and brace it.

  
I then proceeded to place the station molds one by one. Checking that they are square.

  
 

looking forward through the holes in the station molds

  
I’ve started to play with a stringer to see how things align.

It feels good to finally see the boat take shape, if only in my mind so far. 

Next up: double check that everything is plumb and square, brace the molds and fit the aprons (inner stems) and the keelson.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.