This summer while we were away on Vacation our trailer was stolen. Although it was locked under the front stairs, it was not completely out of sight. So we’ve decided to build a small garden shed that can be locked.
I came across the bow or gothic roofed shed idea from reading up on boatbuilding and the different ways people set up their boat sheds. This approach appears to be one of the most material efficient and light and as such keeps the costs down.
This will help us store bikes out of sight and locked. I am enjoying the build and may decide to make a smaller greenhouse build as well for on of my raised beds in the garden.
I ripped 1×6′ boards in half to creat 12′ long 1×3 stringers that are separated by 4″ 1×3 spacers every 16″ along the length of the curve. I then add a drop of PL polyurethane glue and tie it together with 5″ x 1/4″ galvanized carriage bolts.
I’ve completed all the trusses and was able to move them from the boat shed workshop to my yard to see how they will fit.
I got a coop pickup truck to go pick up the plywood 3/4″ t&g fir flooring.
Now it is time to wrap the perimeter in galvanized mesh wire to make sure no mouse/rat/raccoon/squirrel/skunk can get under there and make a home.
My wife says that Google’s system prefers active blog post that get updated rather than always posting new ones. So with this little project I’m experimenting with adding addendums.
Things are moving along well, I’ve started to put up the trusses last weekend.
We had a huge Pineapple Express low pressure system bring down 75mm of rain today. But since Saturday is my only free day of the week to get ahead I braved the rain and started screwing down the roofing panels.
I managed to get the whole lower course done before lunch and the do six of the eight upper panels. Tomorrow I hope to finish the last two upper panels and figure out a flashing solution for the peak section.
More progress this morning I finished the roof panels and got the lumber for the end walls.
I just have to cap the ridge and finish the end walls.
I’ve finished the end walls and started doing the siding. One side will be cedar shingles and the other will have galvanized corrugated steel.