Caledonia yawl project: bevelling the stems

Today my brother Maël helped me with the beveling of the stems. This will create a bigger mating surface for the planking. This will provide a mating surface for the planks.


We did the bulk of the work with the power planer and then finished with the block plane and the spokeshave. I did notice that because the laminated stem has alternating grain, it is important to have a sharp blade to avoid ripping out any of the grain.


I also managed to do the glue up of the rudder assembly.

Next up will be setting up the station molds and getting ready to bevel the keelson. This boat will soon finally be taking shape.